Sun and sand, the raw materials used to generate solar electricity, are inexhaustible. Electricity produced on rooftops will soon be cheaper than conventional electricity from a socket in the wall. Solar energy is thus well on its way to becoming the key technology for renewed economic growth and is comparable to the steam engine, the car or computer in former times.
Solar energy does not depend on electricity grids and fuels. It is the ideal source for a largely private, local, ecological and just electricity supply which is available anywhere.
• The sun will continue to shine for another 4 billion years and supply free solar energy in the process.
• The amount of solar energy which reaches the earth exceeds daily requirements 10,000 to 15,000 times over.
• The sun does not produce CO2 and thus preserves the environment on two levels.
• A solar power system allows you to become self-sufficient and not be exposed to ever-increasing energy costs.
• Solar powered homes appreciate up to 10% more in value than conventional homes.